Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Retiro Park and the Reina Sofia Museum of Modern Art

This was my favorite piece at the Reina Sofia. It is a titled Adam and Eve. I literally stood in front of this painting for about eight minutes and couldn't get enough; I just think it is so beautiful and an interesting way to think of that biblical story.
Oh, so just some background: The Reina Sofia is a famous modern art museum in Madrid and the home of Picasso's Guernica. It has a really wide range of pieces some I was totally on board with and others not so much. Mostly, I am just a big time museum nerd lately so it was a blast to see everything.

Picasso - Man's Head

I don't think I can adequately explain what these do for me, but I love them.


Resurrection


Outside the Reina Sofia. Those sweet glass columns are the elevators. I felt like I was in Willy Wonka's factory riding in them and it was way cool. Definitely appropriate for a Modern Art museum.


Before hitting up the museum, we decided to explore Retiro Park for a bit. It is basically a forest with some perfectly manicured gardens mixed in in the middle of Madrid.



There is a beautiful book market outside as well. I wanted to buy everything then I realized I wouldn't understand it - Dang.


Here we are shining with excitement! I love these girls! We enjoy lots of adventures together!

No comments:

Post a Comment