Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adventure to the Archeological Museum


I have discovered I like taking pictures of my feet. I think I will document my progress here by showing the deterioration of my shoes being worn out in discovery.



We took the wrong train home and by the time we realized it we had gone forty minutes in the wrong direction and it took about two and a half to three hours to get home from Madrid. Moral of the story: make sure to take the right train. Our host family was cutely waiting for us in the kitchen and were excited to see us. We still got dinner before bed at 11:30.

These are outside of the national library


Yeah, I don't even know what to say.

These flowers are made of porcelain. Going to places like this just overwhelms me with the amazingness of people. That we have the capacity to create things like this as human beings is an unbelievable blessing and vote of confidence from God I think.

This is carved out of ivory. Oh my heck.

This was my favorite sculpture. I feel like it captures perfectly the introspective mood.

This is the most famous piece of ancient Iberian sculpture. It is the Dama Elche


Beautiful apartments! Here they have plazas with apartments facing in everywhere and I think they are so beautiful. The architecture is meant to compliment the historic buildings and it is fantastic.
Get ready for the portraits - Katy looks significantly more cute :)



Ancient triumphal arch

Me trying to be cool taking pictures of my friends. Aren't they cute?

State Building that looks like a palace - I feel like you can walk five feet and see something amazing here.

I see these all over the place here and took this picture for my Brother Darren. He has a shirt that says ONCE on it and I finally understand. This is for you Bro!

Katy and I were framed! There was a block built on the wall specifically made for posters which is cartel in Spanish.


Awesome building in the Bank district. The is this block full of amazing banks and each one has architecture like this. What is our deal in America?


This is me and my sneaky ways at a sweet gate on the way to the museum.
Another sweet statue man. This guy is my favorite, I call him the fallen angel.

3 comments:

  1. Um, I LOVE all of these pics, especially the ones where you made us pose. I definitely can't wait to see more of those! Yay for upcoming senior pics! BTW, we need to go back to the National Archeological Museum so that I can get a pic of that porcelain flower piece of glory. I definitely do not remember seeing that. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying not to be too forward, but you should check out my blog at hatsandbooties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete