Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alcala de Henares

Us chillin with Don Quixote and his trusty side kick! (Katy is jealous)

So, on Saturday we decided to explore the area closest to us so we wandered around the Plaza de Cervantes and the city center. It was a lovely, relaxing day. I felt very European


Isn't she adorable! I love taking pictures with my camera!

Also, get ready to be up close and personal...




Welcome to the birthplace of Miguel de Cervantes!




We are in the birth home of Cervantes, the writer of Don Quixote. It was amazing! They have lots of first edition and second edition prints of the novel and the lithographs were fantastic. It definitely inspired me to work on drawing in ink and later taking a lithography class. It is an amazing art form. I also resolved to buy a copy of Don Quixote here and read it.
The best part about this is that the moon is up super early and there are these huge birds with gigantic nests everywhere. Katy is a little terrified, but they add character to the place.

Basically it was funny that to make a restaurant cool and modern, they just named it "Cool Restaurant" in English. This is me being equally cool.

2 comments:

  1. these pictures are amazing! I am so incredibly jealous! I can't wait to hear more about all of your fantastical adventures =D Keep having a blast and looking cuter than ever
    Love ya tons girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and narration!

    ReplyDelete