Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome to Segovia!


Yes. This is how I feel about being in Spain.



I decided is was a good time for a girl band picture and luckily Chelsey already had a name picked out = Eve's Fallen. Here they are I see sold out venues in the future.



Isn't Segovia beautiful?! Unfortunately it was also freezing but we didn't let that stop us. We enjoyed a full day of exploring and seeing things with our fabulous tour guide Antonio who has will accompany us on most of our trips.
I want a door like this.


Cathedral of Segovia
That tiny person at the bottom is me these are huge buildings! How did they make this?




Main Cathedral of Segovia: I had another moment where I look up and choke up in breathless wonder in this building - it is becoming a frequent occurrence.

This is the castle that Disney based it's castle off of.







This is as close to the view they would have had when the castle was built as possible because they are not allowed to build modern buildings in sight from the castle.



We are on top of the castle here and in the background is a cathedral. I love these girls and this country!

never-ending spiral stair of death to the top of the castle - we definitely got our workout in



Moral of the story: always look up.






I love this


The walls here have different patterns because it helps to make the snow not stick, beside the fact that they are gorgeous.



Roman Aqueduct: This is an amazing marvel that totally blows my mind. You know they didn't even use mortar.



No comments:

Post a Comment