Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Biarritz - I'm in France!


Like I said earlier, when we were in San Sebastian we took a day-trip into Biarritz France where we found another beach, macaroons, a chocolate museum, and the language barrier like I never felt it before.
I am going to elaborate on the language barrier and macaroons first. Anyway, so Biarritz is mostly famous for making amazing chocolate and sweets. We went into a sweet store and I decided to try a macaroon because we had been seeing them all over and I had heard good things. I got into the store and realized I didn't know how to say anything. It was so crazy to all the sudden really know how it felt to be unable to communicate anything meaningful. Luckily after I struggled with a jumble of English/Spanish/french - like sounds the clerk started speaking in English. I got to brush up on some French phrases because in a couple weeks I will be spending six days in Paris.
Ok, back to the macaroon. They come in all colors and look like little hamburgers and I decided pistachio would be a safe bet for something I would like. I took one tiny bite and instantly all my worries I had or had ever had melted away. It stills seems almost impossible that anything could be that delicious, but it was.

Beach!


Chelsey earns an epic win for this photo: when I jumped my feet were dry and I landed in water and she caught the perfect moment in between.



Bat wings are back! So I was not sporting my sweater that day, but I think Katy makes up for it with her awesomeness and this picture.


We tried to get a classy group picture at the beach, but with me involved and encouraging rapid changes of pose it quickly degenerated. Still, we are a pretty cute bunch.



I don't really know what Michelle is doing with her shoe, but it makes this picture for me.

Also, this is how I believe in finishing photo shoots.


I also took advantage of my sandy sketchbook again to draw the view of some nearby buildings on a hill. Ten minutes later...



Most artistic shell on the beach which is currently in my possession.


Pigeon I scared




Chelsey is a babe and here is some more proof. I just found her like that, can you believe it?

Michelle is amazing, happy, and hilarious. This is how I found her:


And, most importantly, this is how it looked when we found the Chocolate museum.
*picture courtesy of Chelsey


It was a very educational visit. First we watched a video explaining how chocolate beans are grown, harvested, and turned into delicious things. Then I learned that chocolate drink made with 100% chocolate is more delicious that any other kind of chocolate drink. Then I learned that you can put all kinds of things into bars of chocolate like crystallized ginger.
I decided to take some of my knowledge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment