Monday, March 7, 2011

Sorolla and Other Randon Awesomeness

Here I am in the Sorolla Museum with my twin! Who knew!

Sorolla was an Impressionist Painter who happened to live in Madrid, so being the art fanatic that I am, I was excited to see his house/museum. I decided that for the most part his paintings are like eye-candy; there are beautiful to look at, but don't necessarily have a lot of substance. It was a wonderful place to go learn and see someone who painted the lovely moments in life.





I love this tile! Apparently I share a passion Sorolla had for the beautiful architecture and design of Andalusia. He wanted his home to be a piece of the Alhambra and there are tiles and fountains everywhere. I would live there if I could or make a replica of it. Goodness this country is gorgeous!




Piece of Randomness #1

We went to a free concert in Madrid! The best part was that it was for the Neon Trees - a band that started in Provo and is mostly Mormon. The world is the size of a thimble sometimes. Anyway, it was a blast and we had fun waiting outside, getting pictures taken in front of the splash board, and rocking out. It was a great first real concert experience for me. I even touched the lead singer's hand when he reached into the crowd. Success.

Random Awesomeness #2

When we were waiting for the train to Madrid one day I decided to take some pictures. This drew the attention of our lovely Gypsy friend. He wanted to be in the pictures with us and let us listen to his Gypsy music. He especially like Chelsey with her fair skin and exotic red hair. We all got a good laugh and enjoyed talking and dancing with him a bit while keeping very good track of our belongings. Just another taste of life in Spain


This is how Michelle felt about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment