Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Retiro Park, the Thyssen, and Some Amazing Sculptures

I think hands are so beautiful. I love how each person's hands are so distinct to them and I think they are so expressive and give a sense of personality. I like the way knuckles look and when tendons and veins show through. I also adore leaves and think they have some of the same characteristics with the added benefit of nearly unlimited colors. Anywho, Ashley was kind enough to be my hand model in Retiro Park, the largest most beautiful natural piece of Madrid. We retired there for a bit after spending the day in Museums.



Here Chelsey and I decided to get a little creative. Who really knows?





Ashley caught me in a moment of leafy sunny happiness :)


Here we are outside of the Thyssen Museum. If you ever go to Madrid and can only see one museum, go to this one. It was phenomenal and took my breath away multiple time. It houses one of the most famous Rembrandt self-portraits and I literally gasped when I saw it and had to sit down and stare for a while. I may have even drooled.




Did Katy photo-bomb this picture by jumping in and taking a picture of us without my knowing? Yes. I love my roomie, she keeps life interesting and add tremendously to the excitement of my photos.








We are now leaving the Thyssen to visit the Real Academia de los Bellas Artes. This was a lovely small museum that had some great pieces and some not so great pieces. Anyway, my favorites were a few of the sculptures. Be warned there is some nudity coming up, so this is officially rated PG.




No comments:

Post a Comment