Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bilbao


Bilbao is a lovely, modern (for Europe) city that just feels vibrant and creative. I still made my visit to the local Cathedral where I admired the triangle stained glass window, but Bilbao was about the Guggenheim and creativity.

Here we are feeling the vibes outside of what will soon be the largest fresh market in Spain.




And here Michelle and I are having a contest to see who can make their lips the largest. We were focusing on the top one here.


Now we have moved to the bottom lip. So, cast your votes! Who won?


Guggenheim!
The best part about this museum was definitely the building and the permanent exhibits built to accompany the architecture. I wasn't too impressed with the rest of it by comparison. The museum was constructed by Frank Gehry who wanted it to catch the light like fish scales and look like a boat on the river. I feel like it was a success.


In front we found this gigantic sculpture of a dog covered in live flowers. It is titles "Puppy" which when pronounced in Spanish sounds like "poopy" fun times.





Don't worry, I am just being abstract.


On another side we found a bouquet of metal balloons. It was pretty much the best thing of my life. Also you can see the city in the reflection.



We couldn't leave without some more girl-band shots






2 comments: